The Drobots Company Is Seeking Educators and Enthusiasts
Join Drobots Company This Summer and Begin an Incredible Journey
Our #1 goal is to hire the most qualified, positive, inspirational, team-oriented teachers and educators to be Drobots Company instructors with a passion for teaching, children, technology, fun and personal development. Working at Drobots Company is more than simply a traditional seasonal or part time job — join the Drobots Company family and experience an environment full of curiousity, care, development, value, and attention to detail. Join our mission and our common goal of working together as a team. Working at Drobots Company provides you with advancement opportunities for your career and future Drobot Company opportunities.
Drobots Company Culture & Expectations
The Drobots Company and its related programs are extremely fun! However, working with our team of dedicated professionals will require a “best-in-show” attitude, flexibility, patience, dedication, teamwork and an overarching responsibility to uphold your integrity, as well as the integrity and professionalism of the host school or facility where our programs are held.
Our overall mission is to enrich the lives of children and teens by simultaneously fostering fun and building character. Leadership, teamwork, preparation, initiative, and effort are life skills echoed repeatedly throughout our curriculum. We hire experienced and extraordinary teachers, instructors, engineers and graduate students of education, who are dedicated to cultivating these skills. Our staff is united by a desire to uphold and demonstrate our core values:
Safety: The core decision factor in how we prepare and all we do
Fun: Every day, every project and every experience
Customer Service: Towards everyone: students, parents, staff members, the school
Courtesy: Warm and welcoming at all times. Positive attitudes shape us
Friendship: Fostering friendships and opportunities for both students and staff
Value: Best in show experience without cutting corners
Communication: Over-communication and do so proactively
Integrity: Maintaining the core values of the company, the facility/school and yourself
Honesty: Open with one another at all times. The opposite is to not be honest with someone else or yourself
Creating “WOW!” Experiences: Exceeding expectations to “WOW!” everyone & everything we do
State and Company Guidelines To Work At Drobots Company:
• Required fingerprints filed with state per regulations of where program is being operated
• CORI (criminal offense) and SORI (sex offender) background checks will be conducted
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance Check will be conducted based upon location of employment
• Drug test will be conducted based upon location of employment
*Please Note: You will not be able to work on any of our program locations until all background and security checks are complete and official documentation has been filed with the camp office.
Contact Our Talent Acquisition Team
Need some assistance or have a questions? Contact us any time:
Please Read Before You Apply Requirements & Expectations
- College graduate or above
- Strong communication and teaching skills
- Current commitment or near-future aspiration to work in education
- Commit to working at least 2-3 weeks during the summer
- Minimum one-year experience working with kids and/or teens (group setting)
- Minimum of two-years experience working with robotics, drones, or technology
- Meet personal appearance & camp dress code requirements:
- Wear watch at all times
- Instructor-issued shirt, tucked in at all times.
- An official company-issued name tag on left chest.
- Solid black or khaki shorts or pants
- Athletic shoes with socks-shoes must have closed toes for safety purposes (Cleats, flip-flops, and sandals are not permissible)
- Company-issued hats are permitted for counselors working outdoors (must be worn in a professional manner)
- Face: Clean Shaven or extremely well-groomed
- Hair: Well-groomed and well-kept
- Jewelry and Piercings:
- Men: No visible piercings permitted
- Women: Business casual. No hoop earrings. No other visible piercings permitted.
- When working for Drobots as an instructor, a core value and non-negotiable that our company demands are that all jobs, tasks, and duties are shared equally. In other words, no position or person is above or below another. Working together as one, to accomplish the goal of teaching kids and teens is the definition of a successful Drobots program both for the instructors and students. We demand, promote and celebrate teamwork. However, despite the common goals we ask of all instructors, there is a difference between an Instructor who has the title “Lead Instructor” and how it relates to the responsibilities that accompany the “Lead” role.
- When applying, please choose which best fits your area of interest at this time. Keep in mind that we often ask candidates to contemplate the application for and acceptance of one or both of the “titles” listed below, oftentimes in the same summer. Whichever you choose now is simply a conversation starter if and when you qualify for the second round of the application process.
- Which position do you prefer to apply? Please disregard any perceived association with compensation. Hourly and weekly wages are determined more so by experience and qualifications then by titles:
Directors are the face of Drobots Company to all parents, students, school administrators, and the other instructors at camp. Directors are experienced and well qualified to create a FUN, SAFE environment, while ensuring engaging, high-level instruction for all participating students. Directors help with the supervision of medication, instructor assistance, onsite logistics, safety, and inventory management. Directors will also assume the role of a teaching instructor. Effective follow-through and communication are a must. Directors must be highly detail-oriented, responsible, overly-organized, and a confident and experienced decision maker.
An Instructor truly appreciates and respects all of the hard word and dedication that a Lead Instructor is responsible for in a camp or academic setting. Instructors work hand-in-hand with all students and exemplify unprecedented leadership, extreme patience, excellent tech instruction, and infectious teamwork. Instructors have a true passion for teaching and education. They are also highly enthusiastic and willing to give and receive direction. Instructors display initiative and unlock the potential of every student in the program. Ultimately the Instructor is not the daily “last word leader”, but she is willing to represent and act upon this responsibility if need be.
Drobots Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Drobots Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions atDrobots Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Drobots Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.Drobots Company encourages applicants of all ages.